Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What Dogs Will Do for Their People!

Digital image by Mo's Digital Pencil . Sentiment: Holiday Best. Cardstock: Black, CM orange, Doodlebug Holiday stripes, Paper Studio Halloween dots, GP 110 white. Ink: Copics, versafine black, orange and Certainly Celery markers. Accessories: CM oval cutter, orange dotted silk ribbon, Long rectangle Nestabilities.

Isn't this a hilarious image? Not only that, but it's free just for being a member of Mo's Digital Pencil group over on the Scrapbook News and Review site!

It's also perfect for several challenges:

1) Mo's Digital Challenge #2 to use Fall colors plus only two types of embellishments.

2) Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #44; I only added the second DP because I didn't have quite enough of the stripes to cover the whole area.

3) Tuesday Tagger's challenge 'Things That Go Bump in the Night'; poor Bronte will probably bump into a few things with his kitty mask on!

4) Copic Creations #14: Black. The tutorials on coloring to achieve a realistic black were awesome; I think the black areas are the only ones I truly happy with on this image!

5) Last, but certainly not least, one of my favorite challenge blogs Opus Gluei #29 'Hocus Pocus' which challenged us to add a little magic to our project. Bella in her witch hat counts, but I think it's even more magical that she actually was able to convince Bronte to dress up like a black cat!!

This should take care of my 'need' for challenge for a while! My next challenge is cutting out all these super fun DRS Designs Halloween releases so I can begin showcasing them. Thank goodness for my hot knife tool!!

32 comments:

  1. This is just amazing - your sentiment is fabulous. Thanks for joining in at Mo's.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, Jess, your coloring is so beautiful!!! Fab halloween card with Mo's image! Had to laugh at your title! :)
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card -- love the vivid colors!

    And what people will do for their dogs... or cats.... My husband makes tea for himself and our cats every night (decaf only!). So when he travels, the cats want me to make tea even though I don't drink tea -- and sadly, sometimes I do! Apparently they have me well-trained....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bright and cute! Thanks for joining us at Mo's challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just darling, Jessica!!! That image is priceless and your treatment of it is just magnificent...Love it...Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card Jess, especially the stripy paper. Thanks for joining us on TT's this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! What a fun image and you've picked up the colours from the papers perfectly. This is fab! kxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica this is adorable.. I love this paper you used.. Your coloring is beautiful as always.. Great job and thanks for joining Mo's Challenge..hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! Love the digi stamp and your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY COW! Did you cover the challenges! Way to go! I love the image. I love the great colors. You did a fab job not only with the black copics but all of them!

    Four thumbs up (from me and jazz)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - this is such a cute take on the Sketch - Jessica!!! You rocked it!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so great. Love the cat/dog. So funny. Thanks for the tip on getting this image. Love that you play with us at Opus Gluei. Send me your snail mail address and I'll get one of the little albums in the mail to you. You can send it to jdeegs(at)cox(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mos images are gorgeous arent they? love how you have put this together brilliant! Janet TT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Jess, love the card and the image is so cute, thanks for joining us at TT this week, Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous! Well done you!
    Thanks for playing at Tuesday Taggers this week - hope you can join in next time too!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  17. jessica...shut up! LOL! this is fantabulous...great coloring, amazing dp, and stunning photography! all-around perfection!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an amazing job!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jessica....I do not know how you keep up with all these challenges!!! sheesh, you are a maniac!! and, I love all your pumpkins too by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous! You are only pleased with the black coloring you did - what the heck? The coloring is fabulous, seriously, I love it. I love how happy and bright it is, and Bronte's expression is rather priceless

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Jessica!! Incredible coloring!! So gorgeous!! I love everything about it gf!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  21. ACCCK!!! I just ADORE this hun!! What an adorable image and you've colored this just beautifully girl!!! What bright and fun Halloween colors!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this the colours are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at TT hope to see you again next week
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card, love the DP and the bright colors. Thanks for joining us on Mo's Challenge blog and we hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your card! Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jessica.. your card is adorable. Thanks for participating in Mo's Challenge this week. We look forward to having you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic work Jessica, love that multi stripe with your brilliant image. Thanks for tagging along with us at TT this week
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. Now that's what I call maximizing your time...great job combining all those challenges into one super cute card...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Course I like this! I used the same image! But your colouring is sooo much better than mine!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!