Thursday, October 22, 2009

Instead of Raking Leaves...

Stamps by SmARTworks. Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Kiwi Kiss, Papertrey white, My Mind's Eye 'Bloom and Grow' DP. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Copics. Accessories: Martha Stewart scallop border, Nestabilities Rectangles, sparkly brads.

...I'd rather be stamping!

Inspiration for this card was Card Positioning System's sketch #137 and SmARTworks' October challenge to create a Fall card. As much as I love Fall themes, this fun and retro stamp set was calling my name. So, I ended up pairing it with a retro DP and relying on the colors to create my autumn theme. That's what Fall is all about: the gorgeous oranges and reds, elegant browns, and clear blue skies.

OK, at least for today -- tomorrow it's back to rain. More time for stamping instead of raking, right??

16 comments:

  1. So clever!! Love the image and your colors really POP! Awesome creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with turning it into a fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. instead of laundry! instead of cooking! instead of facing the real world!! instead of ANYTHING ELSE!! LOL
    Very cute card, I love the colors with this image!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BWWHAA!! Too cute!! I just adore this!! And pretty much what Katie said...anything really!! :) What a cute layout hun!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I just love that vintage image and the bright colors you used!!! FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just gorgeous Jess Love the fall colours,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh...What a great card! Thanks for playing in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to be stamping too!!! Love the retro image and the feel of this project - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card. Much better stamping than raking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica - there you go again, totally thinking outside the box!! Brilliant way to create a FALL card with that image. And it is a great one! you've done such a great job of blending the colors from cardstock, to designer paper, to the coloring witht he copics!!

    Thanks for playing in the smART Word challenge. Good luck!!!

    Oh yeah, and of course stamping is better than raking - duh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, much better than raking! Great card, love the retro feel and fantastic colors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh yes, so would I, definitely !!!

    Your card is gorgeous, just love the image, papers and funny sentiment.

    Hugs,

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet image and the sentiment is perfect. Looks like me! I will be making that face when doing applesauce this weekend!!

    Great coloring and design!!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nicely done! Love that warm orange tone. Thanks for playing the challenge!

    Dina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card certainly does give off that 'Fall' feel, and I have to smile when I think about stamping being an 'every season' activity -- I know there's nothing I like better anytime of the year.

    Thanks for entering the smART-Word Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!