Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Grungy All the Way!

Deb, a technique queen, hosted a Grunge/Shabby Chic Letters and Numbers Tag swap on SplitCoast Stampers which drew an amazingly talented group of swappers. This was my first try at the Grunge style and I had a blast experimenting with several Tim Holz style techniques. Maybe my tags are evidence of this?

I went with the alphabet theme, choosing a letter for each tag and then including as many items beginning with that letter as my supplies allowed. Here's 'T' for travel, tickets, true, and tree with more of that real Paperbark:




'M' is for music, memories, map, and Mom:

'L' is for letter, leaf, laugh, line, life, and live:


'F' is for ferns, fly, flower, fine, and forever:

'C' is for create, cat, Chicago (postmark on the stamp), charm, crown and clock:

How fun to experiment with alcohol inks, crackle paint, distressed stickles, and fragments! Now I can justify all those purchases, right??

Be sure to stop by Deb's blog 'Freckle-face Printworks' to see a pro's version of the Grunge style as well as many other works of art!

And if you feel in the mood to challenge yourself with a little Shabby Chic, check out Kard Krazy's Tag Tuesday challenge!!



13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags! I love the distressed look of them and all the unique elements of them. Just stunning!

    hugs,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu must have really enjoyed this shabby chic creating!! YOur creatiions are incredible!! Love all the distressing and designs!! What a fab job you did Jessica!!

    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got them in the mail yesterday - they are just GORGEOUS IRL!!! I'm having a very, very difficult time choosing my favorite!

    You're a NATURAL at the grunge/shabby chic stuff!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow lady!! I think this must be your calling!! These are just drop dead gorgeous!! I love them ALL!!! I keep fogetting how much I love this style and don't do it myself!! :) Thanks for the inspiration!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica these are fabulous!!! WOW thanks for sharing!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowie....what a gorgeous collection of shabby chic tags!
    Thanks for joining in the Tuesday Tag challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried this style before. I think it is awesome. I am glad you shared these with us.. I love the Chicago one as I used to live in Rockford, IL and spent many days in Chicago...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jess!! THESE are absolutely AMAZING!! :) Love them so much and they are so out of my ability, LOL - I'm just in awe of them. Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my ,look how many you did! wow, great work

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous, gorgeous fun! especially love the M and the F. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow these are fantastic.
    So gorgeous Tags. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love to see you joined in! I love your gorgeous shabby tags!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan Farrell-Jones, AKA StampingooddeedsOctober 7, 2009 at 12:01 PM

    Stunning! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!