Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday Spotlight Challenge Blog Premieres!

Saturday Spotlight

Ready for a brand new challenge blog and your chance to play in the Spotlight?? The uber-creative, talented, and all-around nice gal, Vicki, has rounded up 10 fellow paper challenge fans (we're called Divas -- that's a first for me!) and created a new playground for us called Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential. Here's Vicki's description of the blog:

This is my philosophy behind this challenge blog:"Be creative with NO boundaries or rules...feel free to interpret the challenges how you see them in your mind. All artwork forms are fun and welcoming as everyone has something talented to share! This challenge blog is not for me, but for YOU, for you to spotlight those talents and FIND that "hidden potential" inside yourself."

Every week I will post a challenge based on the "hidden potential" idea and the Spotlight Divas will show you their talented versions of it. Every THIRD week of the month, I will be adding a fun tutorial for anyone to try out.

Now on to the first ever Spotlight Challenge: Halloween, but NOT!

You will need to make a creation with a Halloween theme using NO Halloween images! Get creative and think of using Halloween colors and any images you can "turn into" something for Halloween!

Here's my version:

Cardstock: Textured white, Tangerine Tango, black, Paper Studio 'Halloween Polka Dot' and 'Halloween Stripe'. Accessories: 'Chit Chat' Rub ons, googly eyes, green wire.

I used punches and googly eyes to create a Clean and (very) Simple pumpkin:


Don't forget to stop by the Saturday Spotlight blog to see other creative ideas for Halloween featuring non-traditional items, then play along for your chance to be Spotlighted!

17 comments:

  1. Good morning Jess! What a really awesome post girl!!! I think you've really showed us how to think outside the box on this one girl!! I lurves it!! :) The papers are beautiful and your pumpkin adorable!! Thanks so much for the fabulous post and your talent!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Jessica I love the simplicity of it,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this clean card Jessica...really bring attention to your awesome pumpkin! Stunning!
    love those little squiggly vines too! lol
    Have a great weekend!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute pumpkin Jessica!! I love your clean look and the simplicity of it!! The squiggly vines are the perfect addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooooooooo cute!!!!!!! Love the pumpkin!! Perfectly clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo adorable!!
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Jessica!! This is SOOO cute! You're getting really GOOD at the CAS cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pumpkin is gorgeous with his little googly eyes and clean lines! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TeeHee ... this punched out pumpkin is just tooooooo adorable ... especially with those googlie eyes! Well done! I really like the simplicity of this creation ... brings your eye right to your creativity!! You ROCKED this one girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors in your card - so bright and Halloweenish! What a great pumpkin and I love the wire for his twigs. This is just so much fun and bright! I had the best time presenting with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is gorgeous Jessica! I really wanna have a go at this one! hope that its ok!! :0) brilliant :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angela (SCS monkeymama)October 4, 2009 at 5:07 AM

    This is cute, cute, cute, Jessica! Love those googlie eyes and the wire! Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jessica I LOVE the pumpkin you created. The googly eyes are so much fun...LOVE the clean look too!! Wonderful job with this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This punched pumpkin with googlie eyes is perfect! I love the different strips of DP too. Lovely, clean, and crisp on white

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute. I love this punched pumpkin. Adding the eyes is perfect Jessica. Your paper combo looks great. I like it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jessica, I love your little pumpkin!! And I played along with the challenge...what a lot of fun! I can't wait to see what is next!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute pumpkin!! I love the googly eyes and the wire! Thank you for stopping by blog!

    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!