Thursday, February 19, 2009

Z-Fold Fun

There's still a kid inside me that loves to play with interactive cards! Hence the continuation of the Fold Technique Showcase on my DRS blog postings and here, too. The Z-fold (Scor-Pal tutorial here) was one of my first tries at fold techniques and it's a good one for beginners or those of us who are fold-challenged.

Here's my first attempt at the Z-Fold card and since it was a swap card, it gave me LOTS of practice with this technique. Isn't it a great way to showcase DPs without using huge amounts of your supplies?
Stamps: Stampabilites 'Tin Can Showers', Papertrey 'Mailbox Greetings'. Paper: Bashful Blue, CM yellow DP, DCWV 'Posies Glitter Print' DP, shimmery silver, GP110 white. Ink: Versafine onyx black. Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, turpenoid, nestabilities, grosgrain shimmer ribbon, CE.

The card opens into a Z which allows is to stand alone, great for display purposes when you aren't laying it flat to photograph:

For the DRS blog, I used their newly released Birthday images and sentiments as well as some old favorites. This technique is also the perfect way to use several stamps without feeling overwhelmed!

Stamps by DRS Designs: Birthday Ribbon Slide , Silhouette Balloon, May Your Birthday , Birthday Stick N Stamp. Cardstock: Real Red, Bashful Blue, Pacific Point. Ink: Real Red, Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Basic Black, versamark. Accessories: Stardust EP, rectangle Nestabilities, circle punch, iridescent ribbon, slot punch.

Check out the DRS blog for more details on this card be sure to link your Z-Fold creations, so we can admire them!


4 comments:

  1. Terrific fold. I really should use it more often. I still have my HM card from the swap and enjoy looking at it again! This new one you created from DRS's stamps -- fun, sparkly and BEAUTIFUL! I am sure it will make a terrific birthday surprise for someone to receive in the mail. :) Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I love different fold cards, this is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW Jess!! I really love the HM card!! Too cute!!! Your z-fold cards are so gorgeous!! The bling on the balloon card is awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!