Friday, February 6, 2009

Mourning Coffee

That was a terrible pun; I admit it. It's sad but true, though -- I just found out they are closing my local Starbucks. I'd say 'Woe is me' except that I haven't exactly been giving them much business over the past year. Guess I didn't realize how much my thrice-weekly mochas were doing to keep them afloat! Oh well, that's why they make home coffee makers and in my case, lots of fun coffee-themed stamps!

Julie Ebersole's 'How Ya Bean' card inspired me to break out some of the huge number of coffee stamps I've been amassing. The first card is almost a direct CASE of her card in the March/April 2009 edition of Paper Crafts:

Stamps: GinaK's 'My Cuppa Joe'. Cardstock: GP110 white, kraft, Chocolate Chip, DPfrom unknown source. Ink: Memento black, Chocolate Chip, Copic Warm Grey 03, SU Bashful Blue. Accessories: Crimper, Stardust glitter pen, black gingham ribbon.

The second card is a little more my own version, using the coffee pot and a larger sentiment:

Stamps: GinaK's 'My Cuppa Joe', Impression Obsession 'What's Brewing'. Cardstock: GP110 white, kraft, Chocolate Chip, DP from unknown source. Ink: Memento black, Chocolate Chip, Copics. Accessories: Crimper, Crystal Effects, black gingham ribbon.

Didn't that coffee pot turn out fun? I used Crystal Effects to give it a more glass-like appearance.

These cards were quick and easy to make, so I ended up creating two of each design. I figure I can tie them together with a big chocolate satin bow, add a bag of chocolate-covered coffee beans for a fellow-coffee lover's gift. It might even help us forget about our missing coffee shop for a while!

6 comments:

  1. These are awesome creations!! I love my coffee and our Starbucks has closed down too!! :(

    I just can't live w/o my coffee!! I love that coffee pot one...so cool!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards and I love coffee too! Too sad about Starbucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not much of a coffee drinker, but I LOVE coffee themed stamps...go figure:o) I am also loving the cards you made, especially the one with the coffee pot!!! You did such an amazing job!!! That coffee pot looks SOOOO real!!! Fabulous:o)

    Hugs!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Jessica, you are a crystal effects goodess!! Love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!!! I left you an award on my blog!!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really is a COOL coffee pot. You nailed that one, girl! So sorry to hear of the "loss of your dear Starbucks." I have to admit, I haven't been to mine all that much either. It is still so much cheaper buying the coffes or my fave frappacinos at our local Sam's Club.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!