Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bittersweet Edwin

Finally a chance to play with some of these new goodies that keep pouring in! I received this Edwin through the KL Scrappin N Stampin Design Team and had to buy this sentiment to go along with him. The card base is actually from the Basic Grey Bittersweet Card kit, slightly modified. I love the kit, but knew from the beginning that I wouldn't need so many Valentines! My friend Kelly (Wishin' I was Stampin) inspired me with her Magnolia card conversion, so I decided to try it, too.



The cardstock is already cut to size; all I did was add paper piercing to the cranberry square and stamp my preferred sentiment from the Hero Arts 'Sky's the Limit' set in Chocolate Chip. For Edwin, I was finally able to try out the Memento ink and I can understand why Copic fans recommend it -- it stamps nicely, dries quickly, and there was no smearing even using the Copics minutes later. Here are the Copic colors I used:

I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to his angel wings and accented the candlelight with my Stardust glitter pen -- this quick card was complete!

Much appreciation going out to Kristine B. who designed my new watermark -- thanks, Kristine, for the much-needed tech support!

**BLOG CANDY: If you haven't already stopped by the KL Scrappin N Stampin blog to check out the blog candy, be sure to go. You have until 2/7 to be entered in the drawing for this great group of goodies.

**Papercraft Planet Challenge: This Edwin card was inspired by Carolyn's Bittersweet Inspiration challenge over on the PaperCraft site. One lucky winner will be picked by random.org to win a 6x6 pack of Basic Grey "Bittersweet" papers (hence the challenge) and a pack of matching glazed brads. You have until February 28th to enter!

2 comments:

  1. Edwin is so cute!! I love him :-) and look at all the copics you have...I am so jealous!! I am trying hard to keep away from them..but you guys are making it hard!! Hey, I saw you card over at the smARTworks Cookie Jar!! Have you see in it there yet?? If not, here is the link:
    http://smartworksdt.blogspot.com/
    I was so excited when I saw your name :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW!! How precious!! This is just so cute!! Love your coloring!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!