Saturday, July 25, 2009

Christmas in July

Stamps: Papertrey 'Holiday Wishes'. Cardstock: Real Red, CM green, Daisy D's 'Paisley Sugarplum'. Ink: Versamark. Accessories: Mary Engelbreit Dimensional Sticker, white detail EP, dotted green satin ribbon, circle Nestabilities, SU scallop border punch.

There's nothing quite like the sweltering heat of July to make you dream of Christmas, is there? To be honest, the holidays would still be far from mind if it weren't for the Christmas Card Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. I signed up to create 10 cards per month through November so that I would be card-complete well before the holiday rush. I've been on-track until last month, so it's time to play some catch up.

The sketch for this card is the current Tuesday Morning sketch. If you haven't checked out this new challenge blog yet, be sure to stop by -- Mel is a very talented sketch artist!

I have another card ready to go tomorrow, so that makes 17 to go until I'm caught up through this month. Sigh! At least I'm way ahead of where I'd be without the challenge!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is just a lovely take on the sketch! It might actually put me in the holiday spirit.

    Thanks for playing again with Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Jessica,i love the image and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omword Jessica! This is absolutely stunning! I love your take on this week's sketch, you are sooo far ahead of the game, what a wonderful start for Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!