Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Egg-cellent Edwin

Stamps: Magnolia 'Edwin -- Your Egg?' and 'Log', My Sentiment's Exactly 'Little Birdie', Weathered. Cardstock: Real Red, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Daisy D's 'Paisley Sugarplum' DP, chicken wire DP from unknown source. Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Copics, white gel pen. Accessories: raffia, Basic Grey 'Wassail' rub on, oval Nestabilities, SU scallop border punch, copper .

This little Edwin is part of Magnolia's 2009 Easter collection, but I think he has even more potential! My very talented friend, Jacque (Jacque's Joie de Vivre), offered several suggestions for accompanying sentiments; be sure to check them out on today's KL Stampin' N Scrappin' blog post.


Several other helpful resources were used to create this card: Copic Creations has a wealth of tutorial links for coloring blue jeans and the sketch is this week's Just Magnolia challenge.


One difficulty I had making this card was trying to decide if this a hen or a rooster? At first I thought it was a rooster because of the tail plumage. Once I started coloring him/her, I wasn't so sure. We had the regular white chickens while growing up and they didn't have nearly the tail feathers this one does. Guess I'd better brush up on my chicken knowledge before I start up my own coop!

And I'll end on an appropriate quote, also provided by Jacque:

"If you were born lucky, even your rooster will lay eggs." Russian proverb

15 comments:

  1. Too funny, Jessica..First...what a great card...your coloring is wonderful!!! But if a vet doesn't know the difference, who does??? hahahhaha...I am giggling aloud this time...You are so talented!!!! Hugs..Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    fabulous card. Beautiful coloring. thanks for all the links

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Jessica,l love the images and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so darn cute!! I would love that lil guy!! My family has some exotic hens that have coloring like that so its OK! LOL.. Just wanted to drop by with some SheetLoad Love! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWW!! Look at how precious Edwin is!! I adore this fun scene and your colors are perfect girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is darling! I love the country feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. too cute Jess!! Your coloring is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always do such an awesome job with those Magnolias. This is so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) You are too funny...and this is ONE FANTASTIC card Jess!! Seriously--everything about it from your colors to raffia to stamps...LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colouring is just stunning! Wonderful card! Also - thank you for your sweet words about the folder card tutorial. I hope to see one of yours soon for our RoP Challenge. Wish you a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend. Kram - Anki

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a fabulous card, great colouring.thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia blog challenge this week. Hugs Rach.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card - fabulous colouring and so much beautiful detail and a fabulous choice of papers. Thanks for joining us this week x

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a gorgeous card...Edwin is fabulous...thank you for joining in the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Your coloring is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!