Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketches #37!

Stamps: Ai Factory 'Floral Passions', Papertrey 'Flower Garden Sentiments'. Cardstock: Paper Studio DP, PTI white, unknown source green gingham DP. Ink: Copics, Lovely Lilac. Accessories: steno notebook, RSVP pen, beads, various ribbons.

This week's sponsor is Ai Factory and the challenge is use whichever sketch you'd like to create an altered item! I decided to go with two of my favorite items to alter -- a mini notebook and coordinating pen. Cute and useful!

The digi image donated to the the Design Team is called 'Floral Passions' and was perfect with bright colors to make it pop and then cutting out and literally popping up other portions of the image:


The sketch is inspired by Card Patterns Sketch #55 with its image panel perfect for the long-stemmed flower and shape of the altered notebook. These notebooks were a real bargain at 10 for $2 at Dollar General!

Be sure to admire the TMS Design Team's versions of this sketch:
Theresa

Then link up your creations HERE so we can admire your take on the sketch!

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous! i love these little altered projects and yours is so bright and fun! It would make me want to use it - stationary has to be fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your happy little notepad. It's going to make running errands a bit easier. Heck, I might even just start making lists of things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess what a fun and fabulous project...LOVE these cheerful colors..this is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet treat!! I usually do these types of projects up then carry a couple all cello'd up so when I'm out and about and someone asks for a pen or a piece of paper I give them their own. which reminds me I pulled my last one out on Saturday need to replenish Thanks for the awesome eye candy and inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This is gorgeous Jess!! I love the bright colors on this hun!! Beautiful projects!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun!! Love how happy it is with all those fabulous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just gorgeous, Jessica! The bright colors literally popped right off the screen. Love them and thanks for the reminder that I really need to do some notebook and pen sets. You got a great deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, what great color!! One of my favoirte things about your work is you are never scared to use color!! I tend to shy away from these brights and when I do try to use them ... well, let's just say yours look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a great set!! These are so colorful, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so bright and cheery; love the fancy matching pen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always blow me away with these cute little notepads and pretty matching pens. I now have the clear microbeads in the store and still haven't gotten around to making them. I do LOVE the ones you have made for me though. I use the pens all the time. :) Hugs, Kel

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!