Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Spotlight #24: Inspirational Coffee!

Stamps: Cutting Cafe digital stamp set 'Got Coffee?' . Cardstock: Baja Breeze, My Mind's Eye 'Simply Delightful' DP, GP 110 white. Ink: Copics. Accessories: Nestabilities Scalloped circle, Stardust glitter pen.

For Saturday Spotlight Challenge #24 the Divas would like to challenge you to create something with COFFEE in mind! You don't HAVE to use coffee images for this challenge, you can take inspiration from the colors you think of in coffee like rich browns, blacks, tan/creamy colors, etc. And to help you out a bit further, we wanted to provide you with this inspirational photo:


So please take the inspiration from the photo or from the colors you think of with coffee and have fun with it!! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

For our special Spotlight sponsor this week we have...


We would like to thank The Cutting Cafe' for providing some images for the design team to work with on their creations for this week!!

Thanks to this amazing coffee set, my card for this week came together very quickly. I cut out the image/sentment circle, paper-pieced the cups (Melissa of Stamp It, Scrap It, Share It has a extremely helpful Digi-Stamping Paper Piecing Tutorial, that demonstrates how to minimize waste when paper-piecing digi images), and then used Sweet Sunday Sketch #61 to showcase this fun focal point:

**One lucky winner from our challenge in Mister Linky this week drawn from random.org will receive ** THREE SETS of choice from the Cutting Cafe!**

16 comments:

  1. Oh I just love your paper pieced cups Jessica!! Stunning colors and design!! The dp is so pretty!! Awesome take on the sketch!! Have a great weekend!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl!! This is gorgeous!! :) Your papers are oh so yummy and I love the strip of paper you've used for the ribbon sachet!! Very cool design!! Thanks for all of your awesome creations every week girl!! Enjoy your weekend!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your color combo on this creation Jess! Totally fun and creative! GREAT job of paper piecing ... I can't wait to check out that tutorial for myself ... thanks for sharing the link!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute Jess!! I adore the his and hers with a perfect sentiment!! I have to admit, you amaze me with your ability to combine designer paper and you are becomming quite the digi chick!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess wow this is soooo wonderful, I LOVE how you paper pieced those fabulous coffee cups!!!! I LOVE this paper and wonderful colors!!! AWESOME GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is ONE pretty color combo for your his and hers mugs. LOVE it! Hugs, Kel :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your interpretation of the picture, not sure if the His or hers was on the digital pic, but they look great, this card could be for many occassions, I love it, and the MME paper? rocks too Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessica- this is a great response to this challenge. I am struggling this one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Jessica.. I love the colors and the paper you chose. They are really great.. I used this layout recently and I love it.. Super job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! Whenever I come to visit, I am amazed by your talent. You really know how to "make it work" as Tim Gunn would say....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jessica! Awesome card creation...love the colors, design, everything!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, Jessica. I like the colors you choose and the DP is really great !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful card!
    Love the papers and colors!!
    Hugs from Maya :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is beautiful Jess, love the whole design sweetie! great job!!!
    blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome card jessica...just perfect..hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!