Sunday, January 18, 2009

My First Blogging Award!



There she is -- isn't she beautiful? It's the Marie Antoinette Award (according to the file title) and as a recipient, I name 5 things about myself and then tag five fellow Bloggers. Thanks to Vicki, SCS friend and fellow DRS Designs Team member, from Stamped Smiles who presented me with this award.

Here goes! Five things about me:

1) It took me two years to work up the courage to start this blog!

2) I create best when fully caffeinated.

3) I'm in the planning process of finally creating a dedicated crafting space. Right now my supplies are spread out between three rooms and the basement, while most of my stamping is done on the kitchen table.

4) BK (Before Kids) I was a veterinarian and some day I hope to return to practice at least part-time so I can support our menagerie.

5) My goal for 2009 is to create at least one card per day and then actually use them!

And here are my five nominations for this award:

1) Kelly at Wishin' I Was Stampin for providing computer, blogging, and overall friendly support for the past 2+ years.

2) Lori at Paper Sunshine for suggesting the name for my blog.

3) Donelda at Wiggy's World for helping me think outside my creative box. I love to CASE her her Clean and Simply Elegant style of crafting.

4) Mary at My Cardz, My Passion (my therapy!) because her Copic coloring and attention to details is such an inspiration.

5) Melissa at Stamp It, Scrap It, Share It . I first met Melissa through SCS swaps; not only is she a great hostess, but a talented cardmaker, too.

Congratulations, Ladies! If you choose to continue this award, that's great, but there's no obligation. It's just my way of thanking each of you for your support and the tons of inspiration!

5 comments:

  1. Awww shucks, *blush* thanks Jessica! You have definitely reciprocated that support in the past 2+ years. I am SO glad we met through SCS and have continued to be good friends/sisters. :D Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so honored. Thank you very much. I have learned a great deal from you and I appreciate the friendship you've given me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was nice of you! Thank you! You named it when you said you were obsessed about getting a good name for your blog. Besides the stamping obsession of course ;) I am so glad you made your blog, I am really enjoying it and I am sure many more will too :) If you don't mind I would like to put your blog in my list of blogs on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet Jessica!! I am so glad that I joined that first House Mouse swap!! The beginning of a great friendship !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww... that is soooo nice of you! Thank you! You are such a talented paper crafter and such a VERY nice person, I'm honored that you would think of me!! I'm so glad I got to know everyone on the HM swap board, I truly think you are all the nicest people on SCS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!