Thursday, March 6, 2014

Think Spring!

 

Digi image and sentiment:  From the Heart Stamps 'Hamlet PigWit Think Spring'.  Cardstock:  SU Wild Wasabi and gray, Neenah white, K& Co 'Sweet Nectar', Bo Bunny 'Prairie Chic'.  Ink:  Copics.
Aren't we all dreaming of Spring? Mr. Hamlet is no different -- this digi set also comes with a field of flowers and butterflies.  I received the complete set FREE for being part of the FTHS monthly progressive challenge.  Read HERE for details on how to join the fun!

Inspiration for this card came from the fun I {heart} sketches #56
Sketch056.jpg
An added twist  was to add real or faux stitching.  This detail may have been the most time consuming part of the cardmaking process since I don't have round stitching templates.  My solution was to use a slightly larger spellbinders circle die and pierce along the edge.  Not perfect and I had to be sure not to slice my fingers, but not bad, right??

6 comments:

  1. Jessica, this is just darling. Love your coloring as always. The piercing adds such a great touch, too. Fabulous take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at From the Heart Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Jessica, this is so stincking cute !!! Your coloring looks really great and i like the different DP colors. Great take with the sketch and the tWisT

    Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Jessica. Beautiful coloring and great design. Love that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, I'm over the top impressed with your card - let me just say your coloring of Hamlet is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us here at I {heart} Sketches! Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is gorgeous!!! Love the pretty colors, layout and your coloring is fabulous! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card...I love the mix of DPs, they look so cheery!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!