Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday Morning Sketch #73: Embellish It!

 Stamps:  Papertrey 'Daily Designs' sentiment.  Cardstock:  GP110 white, Taken with Teal, silver.  Ink:  Versamark.   Accessories:  silver EP.

This week our sponsor is Paper Maniac and our challenge is to embellish your project in a non-traditional way.  I opted to create my own non-traditional embellish that also functions as a people embellishment -- have you seen these altered washers yet?


This technique involves a washer, alcohol inks, and Crystal effects and is so simple a kid can do it.  That's the truth -- my daughters created their own pendants as gifts for friends!  Here's a TUTORIAL if you want to try the technique with DPs.

To keep the emphasis on the pendant, I went with a CAS Fall-To sketch #121.

Be sure to admire the TMS Design Team's spin on this week's challenge:

Hollyanne, Jr. DT

 Then link up your creations HERE to join in the fun and so we can admire your take on this sketch!

4 comments:

  1. I love your enameled ornament! I have a whole drawer of washers I bought for this techniques YEARS AGO! Thanks for reminding me.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I am going to have to try this with my girls this winter break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! Love that colorful washer necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehehe you and I think a lot alike. I made these for the ladies I work with! They seemed to like them when they opened them at our Christmas get together!! Yours here is beautiful!! and makes a great card embellishment!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!