Saturday, April 10, 2010

Christmas Sparkle in April?

Stamps: SU 'Snowflake', Papertrey 'Signature Christmas'. Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Basic Grey 'Figgy Pudding'. Ink: Real Red, Cool Caribbean, Versamark. Accessories: Winter Wonderland EP, Ribbon.

Spring has officially sprung and yet here I am creating Christmas cards! My goal is to keep ahead of the holiday crafting rush, so you'll have to forgive my winter theme.

Inspiration came from these awesome challenges:

1) Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge, week #18. The inspiration photo was cookies decorated as snowglobes (hence my snowflakes) and in a red and light blue color combo (isn't Cool Caribbean a holiday color??).

2) Order of the Opus Gluei challenged us to sparkle and shine with challenge #49, so I used my favorite sparkly EP (Winter Wonderland)



and fun, iridescent ribbon.

3) Last but certainly not least, is Fall-To sketch #85 with their always versatile and inspiring CAS sketches!

Now I'm off to enjoy some of this wonderful Spring weather!

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love all the sparkle.... Yes, Cool Caribbean is a Christmas color for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card is just gorgeous, funny how you are starting spring and we are entering winter here. I think it is a great idea to start Christmas cards now by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might be out of season, but this card and all the sparkle is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card! And love that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love this! so classy! fabulous card. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL!!! Jess I LOVE those snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! It makes me wish it would sn....... Aargh! no I don't!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool card (no pun intended)! I am in awe, you're getting ahead of the curve making your Christmas cards, and now I'm jealous too...

    This has that modern vibe with the paper and ribbon but it's also so warm as well.

    Anyway, just lovely and I have to make sure we have you linked at OG. Thanks for playing with us there, it's fun to see what great project you've come up with incorporating the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. EXCELLENT! I love that card sketch and I was wondering what to use instead of flowers. I love the snow flakes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, girlfriend!! I think Cool Carribean is DEFINITELY a Christmas color. :) Looks smashing! Hugs, Kel

    P.S. -- Wanted to stop by and let you know that I received your lovely card and gift today. Thank YOU SO much! :) More Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! I love the paper you chose and hey, it's never too early for Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, this is gorgeous. Love the sparkle. Those snowflakes are perfect for our Sparkle challenge at Opus Gluei. Thank you so much for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours and the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!