Thursday, March 5, 2009

Footprints on Your Heart

As someone who went through a total of 21 years of school to become a veterinarian (and we won't even mention the student loan debt!), you can probably understand that I love animals. Even though my vet career is on indefinite hold while my 'mom career' proceeds, I still find ways to connect with all living things. One way is to have several furry and not so furry members in our household and another is to feature them as subjects on my cards.

Today's DRS blog posting also showcases these 'Pet Project' cards. The DRS sentiment Pet Sympathy Greetings is perfect for sending condolences to someone saying goodbye to an old friend:
Stamps by DRS Designs: Pet Sympathy Greeting , Dog Paw Easy Background , Square Silhouette Flowers Ribbon Slide. Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark. Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Black, Textured Silver, GP110 white. Accessories: pet ribbon, silver EP.
And if only the top half of the sentiment is used, it's also perfect for those saying hello to a new pet. The inside panel would read 'Congratulations on your new kitten!':
Stamps by DRS Designs: Pet Sympathy Greeting ,Happy Cat Sitting , Large Original Plaid . Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Pretty in Pink. Cardstock: Basic Grey, Pretty in Pink, GP110 white. Accessoried: Prismacolor pencils, turpenoid, circle Nestabilities, Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon, scallop border punch, white gel pen.
Finally, a pet card for 'just because':
Stamps: Hanna Stamps 'Large Dogs', Jessica Lynn Originals sentiment and paw print. Cardstock: Kraft, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, GP110 white. Ink: Chocolate Chip, Stazon, Versafine Onyx black, copic cool grey 01. Accessories: Prismacolor penicls, turpenoid, CB tags, circle punch, oval and rectangle Nestabilities, organdy heart ribbon from Target $1 spot.

Wouldn't it be easier to be as good as a cat thinks you are? Our cat made it to 19 1/2 years with us before giving up her ninth life, but I think if she could have figured out how to use a can opener, we would have been unnecessary. Guess that's why we have both dogs and cats -- dogs to build us up and cats to keep us humble!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the dog theme! Hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job creating these cards and showing how the DRS SEntiment can be used to make 2 completely different cards. I really like the layouts you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet cards! I didn't know you were a Vet! Wow! Thats really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jess, I just wanted to tell you that these creations are so very clever!! I love what you did!! That sentiment is so nice to have!! :) And I totally love your bottom creation with that totally adorable doggie image!! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo...I love these cards! I didn't realize you were a vet, how cool! I was a SAHM for many years, it is well worth it, your "Mommy" career is much more important! I love how you used the sentiment in two totally different ways. Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica...these are so precious!! LOVE the kitty and your dog card is so cute too. I love seeing images of dogs and cats.

    I ♥ all pets too, and wish I had more stamps to reflect that. We currently have 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 bunnies, 2 hamsters (oh, scratch that, one died a few weeks ago)...but you get the point. I didn't realize til now that you are a veterinarian. WOW...I know that requires LOTS of schooling...more so prolly than being a doctor. Well, GOOD 4 U!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Cards Jessica!

    I'm all about the pets!

    I would have been so touched if someone had of given me a beautiful card like that when I lost my Dogs/Best Friends.

    Smiles & Cheers,

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!